1. I shouldn't have other firewalls next to me
Multiple running firewalls interfere with each other and set by the computer slow.
2. You shall block all that you do not know
The Windows service "wklsd45xqy.exe" wants to send a packet? Forbid it, unless you know what exactly does this service and who is the recipient of the package.
3. You shall love and honor log
Only in the log file of the firewall, you will learn what happened at the ports of your computer.
4. You should let me work alone
Firewalls can reside not viruses or Trojans. Therefore install a virus scanner in addition, an anti-spy ware tool and an intrusion detection system.
5. You shall not leave any security holes open
The browser has a leak, pests march straight through - with no notice that the firewall a bit. Regular updates are therefore required.
6. You shall not leave you on NAT Router
Router with integrated automatic address translation (Network Address Translation) heuristically guess the right destination. Thus they bypass the unique identification via IP address. Is exactly what hackers exploit.
7. You shall not employ unnecessary servants
Each Windows service running in the background without your knowledge is a downright invitation to hackers and viruses. Turn off everything that is not needed.
8. You shall prefer rejections via Reject
Firewalls can block requests to unused ports without comment (stealth mode) or a response such as "Service not available" to the sender (reject mode). The latter prevents unnecessary alarms.
9. Thou shalt not simply click away Alerts
Opens to the firewall window, go to the trouble to read what you want to share the protection tool. Otherwise, you grant free access Trojans.
10. You shall properly configure Windows
They allow anyone on the Internet to access your files and printers?